Sunday, September 12, 2010

A study in vapor




Summertime in TX brings heat. Always heat. But with heat comes thunderstorms. Sometimes.

What follows are pictures of some of the clouds this summer.


I was fairly certain this would be the cloud bank that would bring an evening of wonderful and much needed rain.


There was no rain from this; it moved through quickly, but I was so glad that I had forgotten my camera in the car.






This following set was one I captured on driveway. I had just stepped out of the house to take the dogs for a walk when I was stunned by this....


and this...



I realized that taking my camera back inside before the walk was going to be a mistake.  I'm glad I carried it along.   This next photo was altered only to brighten it up a it.



 I can almost imagine the hand of God reaching out of some of these to point out the places where we've screwed things up...

Journey on,

1 comment:

tattytiara said...

Wow that's a huge heap of cloud in the top shot! I do adore a good thunderstorm. I was just feeling a bit sad realizing that there won't be anymore this year.