Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday Entertainment

My neighbor put in a sprinkler system about a year ago or so.  No one in my yard had ever paid much attention to it.  Until Jack.

Tonight I'm sitting on the couch doing nothing important and I hear a muffled banging from outside. I can't imagine what it is so I go out to investigate.

Jack is jumping at the fence. Because the neighbor's sprinkler is running. Henry used to run at sprinklers and bite the sprinkler head. But to stalk a sprinkler through a fence?

Let's see how this unfolds.

I had just come out with the camera after seeing him doing this crazy thing. He's waiting for the next sprinkle by...






Wait for it...



Between these photos was a missed jump, but I caught the aftermath...


He had just jumped at the fence and has literally hit the ground running as the sprinkler moves on...


Down the fence, there it is again!


Almost caught it...



But it moved again, now closer to the door!

Try...




... and try again!







Do you have any idea how difficult it is to have a shutter finger fast enough to catch an airborne Jack Russell terrier?  I counted myself lucky for getting these few and went inside.

Happy adventures,
Just Brande

No comments: