Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Festival Just for Strawberries



This year the annual Poteet TX Strawberry Festival happened April 9-11.  This year I went.

I must say... It was nothing like what I expected.  I mean, NOTHING.

I had expected there to be strawberries everywhere.  There were strawberries, but nothing like the "died and gone to strawberry heaven" that I had envisioned.  It was more like a normal ole small town festival on steroids. There was the carnival. The vendors selling food. These were all local raising money for all the usual organizations - Project Graduation, Volunteer Fire Dept, Band Booster, St. Somebody's Church Youth Group. You know the drill.

I would have felt it was a complete waste of time if I hadn't walked away with a half flat of those beauties up above.  Coming up next.... REAL strawberry shortcake.  


No comments: